of     1   

Davidii
#92561404Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:33 PM GMT

PROBLEM: Using welds to hold together makeshift tool handles is finnicky and tends to break especially in online mode. There are a limited number of meshes that ROBLOX outputs to choose from, and often the ones that exist don't fit your game's art style (and are incapable of being made to). SOLUTION: A new method for the Model object, :CreateModelMesh. This method would: a. Create a Part whose size is the bounding box of the model and whose position is the centroid of the model. b. Use collision detection to remove useless vertices (i.e., the vertices that would never be seen because they are inside of another part). c. Bind together each of the parts inside of the model and create something similar to a FileMesh, which would then be placed inside the Part created in step a. This object and method would help immensely in the creation of new tool handles, especially now that ROBLOX Studio itself supports placing bricks inside of one another. This method would help speed up graphics and loading of complex tool handles, as well as remove the often useless physics calculations involved (sometimes people leave tool handles CanCollide true, and its wielder can be flung). I believe this is not a very complicated thing to do, especially for the talented programmers at ROBLOX, but even if it was a complicated task I believe also that it is worth every hour. With hope, Davidii
Davidii
#92614279Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:07 PM GMT

Bump
Davidii
#92703822Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:26 PM GMT

Bump
Davidii
#93260444Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:58 PM GMT

Bump

of     1