of     1   

sergiu8957
#93420968Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:09 PM GMT

The comment section in ROBLOX is getting worse. Practically no one ever comments about the game anymore. There is spam, advertising, mini-arguments, people who just say "haz", and so on. However, this could be fixed with some changes. 1. Comment voting system This should either have "upvotes" and "downvotes", or "thumbs". That doesn't matter. Comments can get as many of these as they need. However, the real revamping starts below. 2. Comment logging The comments are kept in endless pages. While they exist and can be accessed from anytime, I've found it weird that you cannot see what you commented. There should be a button on the top bar (next Profile, Character, Friends...) called "Comments" where you see your latest comments, and can sort them by votes, date, length and so on. Moreover, when you see a hat/place/whatever, you should have a button labeled "view your comments" to go to the pages where you commented. What if you wanted an answer of some sorts? 3. Removal of spam Spam's frustrating alright. You have to admit that. However, this suggestion can easily fix this. If a certain user has many downvotes, then mods should be notified, especially if he's reported. The process shouldn't only base on downvotes because a group could simply find your comments and downvote them because they hate you. As comments are logged, more things should decide on what happens: If you post the exact same comment more times, if you post links, if you post very quickly, AND if your votes are low. The comments which are definitely spam get the user banned (for a while or forever, depending on the situation) and with the help of logs, the spam can easily get removed. (comments should be DELETABLE, instead of replacing them with [Content Deleted]) 4. Comment perks This will open up new doors to lots of stuff. To motivate users to make good comments however, I think that we should reward them with perks for upvotes. For instance, having 100 upvotes would raise your comment's character limit, or having a certain number of them would make you able to post images! Who knows, maybe even transfer your votes to TIX or ROBUX! (A downside that I can see is posting a ton of comments on an unknown place, then joining with alts and upvoting them for perks. A limit of comments per item, or a limit per votes you can give with an account might fix that though) I think that if these suggestions are able to be applied they'd dramatically improve the quality of ROBLOX comments. A bad thing I can see is people posting comments just for the votes. Imagine someone in a place saying "If I get 100 votes I give you stuff". However, that should fall under the category of spam and if the regular spam is gone then this will be gone too. I hope that you like my idea.
Malcolt3
#93422236Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:22 PM GMT

Money reward is probably out of the question, but a nice idea overall.
timmy1002
#93424767Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:44 PM GMT

I agree with everything except money rewards, it would be nice though to have a system where if people like your comments that you get trusted enough to have more freedom in your comments. Another idea is to make it so that people can vote on spam and if it reaches a certain number of spam votes a moderator would check it out, it would be better than with downvotes because then mods would get annoyed if somebody just disagrees.
AccessibleMrStealth
#93424845Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:44 PM GMT

Why should you care if people do this kind of stuff? It doesn't affect you.
AccessibleMrStealth
#93424902Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:45 PM GMT

Rather, it doesn't hurt anyone, what is the problem with it?
sergiu8957
#93425342Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:48 PM GMT

I might want to get back to my old comments for multiple reasons. And also, don't tell me you wouldn't rather have comments where they actually say their opinion about the item instead of spamming. I know I would like that to be the case all the time. Besides, I always felt like comments were kind of left out while everything else changed, and they're really lacking when compared to other websites' comments...
sergiu8957
#95131931Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:27 PM GMT

bunp -The fiercest animal in HOLLAND

of     1