of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

AlternativeAcc
#98904807Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:36 PM GMT

Before you post a negative comment about this, please read through the entire post. Also, don't TL;DR. Don't bother replying if you're not going to at least skim it. The long paragraph at the end and the one before it are the most important. Meshes allow more creativity and easier game building, both of which the administrators want. However, the problem is WAY too many uploads/inappropriate stuff. I think I came up with a good solution though. To limit the number of uploads, this feature should be BC only. Also, each upload would cost 10 tix or Robux or some decent amount so that people would have to wait sometimes to be able to upload meshes. I think 10 Robux would be a good price. For NBCers who think this would be unfair. Think about it for a minute. Long as you don't have an idea that requires meshes, it won't matter. So, wait until you come up with something that requires meshes, or would take too long to create with bricks, then buy BC for a month (assuming you think $6 isn't a lot, it is worth it if you need it for a game/want it), then upload the mesh, which will stay on ROBLOX's data base forever. I think that these ideas will help Mesh Uploading return while having less uploads. What do you think? The only thing I can think of that is left to figure out is how to moderate the meshes safely and securely. -- cardgamechampion/AlternativeAcc
meszzy
#98907867Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:04 PM GMT

I don't support this. You say 'assuming you think $6 isn't a lot, it is worth it if you need it for a game/want it'. Who says the those people don't think the same way? They'll just buy it so they can be a creep.
RubiksCubix
#98909315Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:18 PM GMT

I, and many others have rallied for this. But it is never going to happen under current circumstances. There is no good reason for user meshes to be banned. None. If moderation was done correctly we would have nothing to fear. But it is in the 'WNTS', so it is never going to happen. A large business should listen to its users. Rarely should WHATNOTS even exist. We are the customers--the ones giving them money-- and thus they should listen to us, right? But, the reality is that it would be extremely challenging to implement a moderation system effective enough to filter out all inappropriate meshes. With Roblox's current community, despite many awesome people in it, it is impractical to trust them with such a tool. The moderators are reluctant to add in user meshes because with the current moderation system, inappropriate meshes would be an inevitability. If user meshes are to become even a practical solution, moderation must first be improved.
Sydbue
#98909614Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:21 PM GMT

I support. User made meshes are WAY better than trying to skim through endless free models, the catalog, or people's inventories trying to get the right shape for something. I wanted to make a mesh gallery but obviously I can't do that. As a side note, I have a feeling 50% of the posts on this are going to be WNTS.
aka303
#98913611Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:57 PM GMT

No support of BC only. You are saying that NBCers are not creative. Everyone should be allowed to create meshes, not just BCers. What if people's parents don't want to buy BC, but they are aspiring builders? It should be for everyone. No support by the way.
Sydbue
#98916877Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:21 PM GMT

^ He's saying BC only so we don't have a giant spam problem, and to cut down on inappropriate uploads. Who would want to upload a realistic wenie if it means getting banned after spending real money to have the privilege to make them? Only rich kids that don't care about the money loss would do that, and if so, that's nothing but gain for roblox and loss for him.
kyro1999
#98917080Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:23 PM GMT

No support of User-Made meshes AT ALL. Think about it. It would completly ruin the blocky-ness of roblox.
Sydbue
#98918189Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:32 PM GMT

Roblox is about building, not about being blocky.
aka303
#98918540Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:35 PM GMT

Yeah, but everyone should be able to make meshes. It would make creating guns much easier, as many other types of weapons that need welds. (Welding is hard) But how do you create meshes? No support by the way.
Sydbue
#98919778Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:44 PM GMT

I think meshes are made on a different program then can be uploaded to Roblox, like making a decal. If NBC wants to make meshes, maybe there should be a higher fee. It'll give them more of a reason to purchase BC, and roblox definitely likes that.
DaanDude
#98922069Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:00 PM GMT

Support! But yea, how do you make those meshes? And if an inappropiate mesh gets uploaded, it should be deleted, and that mesh/shape, would never be able to be uploaded again.
777MrEpic
#98922205Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:00 PM GMT

oder city
AlternativeAcc
#99015739Monday, May 27, 2013 1:52 PM GMT

@Meszzy Many 8 year old noobs on ROBLOX think $6 is a lot, I added that for them XD. @Rubiks I agree completely as shown above. Long as they come up with a better moderation system, this will come back at some point I would imagine. @Sharkie Thanks @Aka I didn't make it BC only because NBCers aren't creative... Everyone is still people lol. I made it BC only to reduce the amount of user-made mesh uploads, which was one of the reasons why they were taken down in the first place @kyro Blockiness is already ruined to some degree. User-made meshes would make ROBLOX more of a 3-dimensional gaming creation platform than blockiness (not that blockiness is bad, it will make ROBLOX look more professional). @sharkie (comment 2) I agree with that. ROBLOX should make NBC pay something like 100 tix/robux or something decently expensive so that they don't get too many uploads if they give it to NBC @Daan You would just upload them... And correct on the inappropriate meshes. The problem is that users can create their own meshes from scratch, so all they have to do is alter the mesh slightly and reupload, which would make millions of the same inappropriate mesh with slight changes. I guess eventually they would get banned on their account though XD. @777 Please explain what you are talking about...
Tortelloni
#99015908Monday, May 27, 2013 1:54 PM GMT

Support, but I don't think it'll happen...
EliteAntonio
#99017023Monday, May 27, 2013 2:08 PM GMT

NO WAY,am i putting up with another bc only thing!I have really had enough ok?parents DO exist so for some people,bc is a DREAM, A fairy tale.NOT BC O NLY
EliteAntonio
#99017209Monday, May 27, 2013 2:11 PM GMT

8 year old noobs?that is not it.they have PARENTS
EliteAntonio
#99017359Monday, May 27, 2013 2:12 PM GMT

higher fee is also not fair for PARENTS
EliteAntonio
#99017420Monday, May 27, 2013 2:13 PM GMT

some parents just dont want to man.not their fault though.nobody trusts roblox.hahahheh
DaanDude
#99017520Monday, May 27, 2013 2:14 PM GMT

@Elite, dont you get it? Its BC only to cut down spam and inappropiate meshes.
AlternativeAcc
#99019560Monday, May 27, 2013 2:37 PM GMT

@Elite My parents don't think 6 bucks a month is expensive... Saying that in this economy is pretty much saying 6 bucks a month will NEVER be expensive. You can probably earn twice that working for your parents :P.
Sydbue
#99039469Monday, May 27, 2013 5:45 PM GMT

@Elite If you have enough money for a computer and internet, I'm sure you have enough money for BC. I'm sure your parents can give you $6 if you help them out.
EliteAntonio
#157768745Friday, March 13, 2015 11:13 PM GMT

My parents hate buying things online. Sorry, I was idk how old at the time I started on the forums, and stopped. I am much more mature, in my opinion, now. I still hold my basic position that if roblox would just moderate better, as in expand their company and hire more people, the spamming and or anything else problem would be eliminated.
Gunshank1
#157777068Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:10 AM GMT

No support, people would still create inappropriate meshes even if it was BC and 10 robux. Wanna learn how to trade? Go here: http://www.roblox.com/games/225706131/How-To-Get-Rich-From-Trading
racinglover
#192376929Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:35 PM GMT

u wot m8
national_security
#192379085Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:07 PM GMT

inb4 swarm of people who don't notice the post date

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right