of     1   

JMan42064
#99569763Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:05 AM GMT

So, a couple of months ago, I was able to get on ROBLOX just fine. And now that I've graduated from high school (just yesterday actually), I figured I would use it as a tool to prime my programming finesse. The problem, though, is that now that ROBLOX has updated, I can't play any games OR load any of my places in Studio! It keeps saying "ROBLOX requires a graphics card with 16MB available memory. Current size is 0MB, (Which is WRONG, by the way) not all features will be available." Ok. So one would assume that when they get this message that they could still play, but with lower quality graphics. But whenever I click OK, it says "Error opening file" and asks me to save, when I haven't even made any changes! I got the exact same message a couple of months ago, but I was still able to play, sometimes even with advanced features like shadows even, which shows you how "accurate" that message really is, but now I can't do ANYTHING when I really need to. Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
JMan42064
#99571855Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:24 AM GMT

As I said before, help with this would be greatly appreciated...
Auraforge
#99572608Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:31 AM GMT

If you're using a desktop computer, TURN IT OFF, take off the casing, remove the graphics card/chip, and then re-insert it. If this doesn't work, try re-installing ROBLOX. If the problem still continues, check your computer's settings.
JMan42064
#99573486Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:38 AM GMT

I used to be able to get around this by using a separate bug where I laid an internet window over the desktop AND the window that had the place I was trying to get on on it while the game was starting, then when it started, it would occasionally bypass the message and get directly to the game, with all the added features. It would be a little laggier than normal, but it was a small amount, still very playable. Now, not only can i not do that, I can't get on ANY games, whatever quality of graphics I have. I might need to go to the settings and change the rendering settings or something. I don't know... Allso, this happened with Halo too. I was using a computer with Windows 7 (which is what I have now), and it wouldn't let me play because hardware acceleration was disabled when it was not. Then when I went on a PC with Windows XP, it worked fine. Same with ROBLOX.
Auraforge
#99574026Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:43 AM GMT

Okay, try disabling and enabling graphics acceleration if you haven't done that yet. Then, if that doesn't work, see if you have the latest version of DirectX, and if it says DX9/DX10/DX11/DX12, try installing anyway.
JMan42064
#99574579Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:48 AM GMT

I already know I have DirectX 11. Direct3D Acceleration is enabled. But DirectDraw Acceleration is not. And I don't see a button anywhere to enable it. I honestly haven't had much experience with this particular issue before, so I don't know where to go to enable it. I obviously can't do it from the DxDiag window. But I can't really think of where else to look at the moment :/
Auraforge
#99575085Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:53 AM GMT

Search on the internet on how to enable DirectDraw acceleration. I've forgotten ATM and I really don't know of any other solutions.
JMan42064
#99580931Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:52 AM GMT

Ok, so I have some specifications of my graphics card and PC so that you peeoples can help me troubleshoot. I already asked Arceusinator, he couldn't find anything wrong. But maybe you guys can. Graphics Card: Name: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset Type: Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset DAC Type: Internal Adapter String: Intel(R) GMA-4500 BIOS Information: intel Video BIOS ->Total Available Graphics Memory (very important in this particular instance)- 804MB Dedicated Video Memory- 64MB System Video Memory- 0 Shared System Memory- 740MB Driver Info: Main Driver: igdumdx32.dll,igd10umd32.dll Driver Version- 8.15.10.2302 Date: 2-11-2011 8:09:46 PM WHQL Logo'd: Yes DDI Version: 10 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 PC: HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF. It has an Intel Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU with a clock speed of 3 GHz, 2 gigs of RAM, so there must not be any processing issues involved, it's running Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit (6.1, Build 7601), I have DirectX 11.

of     1