of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

TNTJack
#157710400Friday, March 13, 2015 12:03 AM GMT

The universe is seemingly, or actually, limitless and goes on forever. In it, a magnitude of life forms from the simplest cell to the largest( and improbable) space dragons which could dwarf entire suns. Planets range from frozen ice balls to bloated gas giants to scorched behemoths. All this, yet one galaxy near the very core of the universe is experiencing a bloom... A bloom that may result in the first true interstellar empires. [Basic Galactic Civilization RP. I borrowed the idea from dotower after his short, unsuccessful rp 'Galaxia'. I will give him credit for the civilization sheet, which actually find well done but still basic enough.] Rules- 1) No perfect Empires. 1a) You get fifteen(15) points for three ratings. Divide it as you like. 2) No godmodding. 3) You must be accepted. 4) Admins can accept, settle arguments, and interpret the rules. 4a) Admins will be selected later. Civilization Name: Government Type: Race Name: Race Appearance: Controlled Systems: Technology Rating (1-10): Economy Rating (1-10): Military (1-10):
MrStilts
#157732263Friday, March 13, 2015 7:43 AM GMT

I see that somebody is booting this back up again. Will we get to pick up where we last left off, or is this going to be a clean slate?
Tortemarra
#157734849Friday, March 13, 2015 10:49 AM GMT

Scidian. ... SCIDIAN. But no crystal mind.
DawnOfWarfan22
#157738844Friday, March 13, 2015 2:02 PM GMT

Oh wow, I actually didn't expect threads like this to still exist. Yes please? I don't know anything about a previous thread, but I'm willing to join!
MrStilts
#157739348Friday, March 13, 2015 2:23 PM GMT

Well you're not missing out on anything too important, unless you count the sudden political uprising of religious fanatics, several counts of space invasions and the one account of data theft by nomads, all within the same empire. Although, I do suppose that a link to the old thread would be pertinent for those unaware of the events of the original RP, and for the original RPers that want to get a feel for it again. So, just in case anyone wants to take a look at the old thread, here it is: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=154393478 And on a completely different note, I do wish that Jack had done away with the rating requirements on the CS, I think that it's rather useless to begin with.
birm123
#157751652Friday, March 13, 2015 7:40 PM GMT

I honestly don't want to continue; I wish to make a new civilization. Of course, I could play two at a time if Jack would allow me to, but if not I'd rather not continue or else I'd feel a little forced to choose on the Aviander. Civilization Name: Empires of Urdonian Government Type: There are multiple empires across the four solar systems decidedly dubbed the Urdonian System, which while being several large systems is classified as a single huge system by the Aressa in order to simplify things. As such, the empires have several different governments. A monarch/emperorship are the most common, but there are also a few democracy and republic countries, and even an anarchy. Race Name: The Urdonian system consists of many races, though few of them are of actual importance. All races who have a large population and do much for the empires will be listed here. Aressa: A species that appears to be a mix of a reptile and humanoid, with a humanoid structure and intelligence but with scales and a tail. They were the first race to settle the Urdonian system and the most abundant, most of the empires being led by an Aressa. The Aressa are descended from a race of dragon-like people known as Loteras, whom are presumably now extinct. The Aressa travelled from the Loteras home planet to Urdonian after a catastrophic event that destroyed the Loteras civilization. Over the course of their journey, the Loteras began to evolve into the Aressa species, which is very similar to the Loteras but also very different. Make up 65% of Urdonian's population. Aviander: A bird like species with purple/black feathers that had come to Urdonian after the Aressa released a signal to attempt to contact the Loteras civilization, if it still existed. They founded a nearby planet and were quickly assimilated into Aressa culture via warfare, though not before taking over half the Aressan armies. While the Aressa are all around, for the most part, the Aviander focus mainly on combat, being able to stealthily fly through the air and also being very strong. Makes up 20% of Urdonian's population. Urgush: The Urgush sound like an ugly race of brutes, but it's actually quite the opposite. The Urgush are a race that mainly specialize in economic and political achievements, normally working as ambassadors for the Urdonian empires, though never going into complete control for an odd reason. Make up another 10% of the population. The rest of the Urdonian population is unimportant races that have little to no uses in the empire other than just existing. Race Appearance: I pretty much described their appearances above. Controlled Systems: Urdonian mega-system. Technology Rating (1-10):5 Economy Rating (1-10):4 Military (1-10):6 [I'm adding a history part to my CS] Not too long ago, the Urdonian system was ruled by a powerful civilization of Aressa, which made weaker civilizations tremble. However, political rights and wealth were incredibly low, and people began to rebel. This caused the whole of Urdonian to become a hell hole of anarchists and rebellion. After five years things settled, and while the empires will still separate there was much less chaos. I shall be roleplaying as the Kanami civilization of Urdonian as I attempt to unify the Aressa civilizations.
TNTJack
#157777791Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:19 AM GMT

@MrStilts We will be starting anew!... Or you can copy your old civilization, doesn't matter! @DawnOfWar Yes, rps like this still exist! As long as I'm not dead, drunk or asleep, I will continue to throw out random civilization rps. @Birm Accepted!... Let's just wait for a moment or two.
Tortemarra
#157778144Saturday, March 14, 2015 1:23 AM GMT

Civilization Name: The Hive Government Type: Matriarchy Race Name: Scidians Race Appearance: 8 ft tall, red hard scales/skin, and a slick, giant head with ridges that ends into a large spike. Has no eyes, so uses its nose/Mouth to find enemies. Also has a giant ridged tail, resembling a scorpion's tail. Their body resembles those of the Earthern Raptor family. They are reptilian. Controlled Systems: Gliese System Technology Rating (1-10): 5 (Great architects, and implement 'Primitive' Technology into their lives fairly easily) Economy Rating (1-10): 1 (They don't make money. Just kill and take over.) Military (1-10): 9 (The Queen are great warminds) History (optional): No one knows where they came from. All they know is, that they came from the depths of space. Deep, deep space. There's different types of Scidians, so here (From social rankings): Drones: Weak, yet fast, they are the most massed bred during wars. Basically fodder. Spitters: The same as the drone, but shoots acid farther than any other Scidian except the Queen. They're still very weak, though. Workers: Used to build. Very weak. Easy to be bred. Warriors: Stronger than drones, their skin is more reinforced and have black spots on them. These also can spit acid. Uncommonly bred. Spartans: Even stronger than the warrior, but has a longer tail, with a large hook made on the end of it. They have skin of steel, but are very slow. Rarely bred. Berserker: Berserkers are the guards of the Queen. Enough Berserkers could even kill the Queen, although none ever tried. Ever. The Berserkers are crimson red, with light black stripes streaking on them. They are the 2nd to strongest. Their acid could go through the thickest of metals, and so could their claws and tails, which are larger with the Berserker. Only a few are ever bread with the current Queen. Queen: The highest of them all, and also the strongest. Instead of red, the Queen is a dark blue. It has a expanded forehead, and a giant body. However, the Queen is connected to the Hive, restricting her from moving UNLESS she abandons the Hive, and if she does, the Hive will collapse. If a current Queen is going to die, she gathers her Berserkers to mate, and lays the egg of the next Queen. The Berserkers also die.
MrStilts
#157796272Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:48 AM GMT

(I may have to come up with a brand new Civ as well, the capitalist octopi theme has kinda run it's course. I'm thinking of something like a Roman Republic, but I'll have to work things out.)
DawnOfWarfan22
#157803232Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:50 AM GMT

Civilization Name: Sigma Alliance Government Type: Democratic Council, each system has a representative whom volunteers to be apart of the council. The council meets on a day to day basis to talk of issues and the alike. Race Name: Humanity (I'm sorry, I have many sci-fi ideas, but I want to go humans on this one!) Race Appearance: Humans, varied, mainly European descendant. Controlled Systems: Tau System, Rho system, Sigma system. All are colonized and heavily industrialized. Technology Rating (1-10): 3 Economy Rating (1-10): 5 Military (1-10): 7 Overview: What Sigma fleets often lack is not numbers nor supplies, but shields. With a average industry they are capable of kicking out fleets of vessels, but their lacking technology has made their generators lack the power, shields weak, and cannons limited. No doubt, in a fight, the Sigma Alliance would surely have the numbers to take on their enemies- but in a war of attrition? Against futuristic and unimaginable technology? There would no doubt be debate and fear among even the leaders themselves. (Overview to just sum up the points applied. And to explain a lack of technological prowess, but a fine military might and the downsides with that. Also I will just add history too, right? Especially since unoriginal humans need something to build off of.) History: The Sigma Alliance was founded- quite obviously -in the Sigma system, a construction by humans whom founded themselves to be separate from their origin, Earth. Over centuries, they constructed vessels to colonize, take over and change the worlds around them, without any sign of other sentient life. While not disappointed in their discoveries, their lonely existence had given themselves enough time to wage a war on themselves. In the midst of war, many ran to the neighboring systems, Tau and Rho. After being plagued with decades of warfare across their three systems, peace has been met. They have scaled down their military, only three fleets exist, lead by a gigantic "dreadnought". Sigma has not seen peace for many years, and with their inclination to expand beyond their borders once more, they might just never seen their idea of peace for the rest of their existence.
birm123
#157811651Saturday, March 14, 2015 2:30 PM GMT

[TNT, am I still admined?]
MrStilts
#157815929Saturday, March 14, 2015 3:25 PM GMT

(For this new Civ, I'm going to be crossing out both Race "Name" and "Appearance" for one big "Race Lore" so that it'd be easier to write) Civilization Name: [The Holy Amoran Empire] Government Type: [Imperial Council] More precisely, one in which the seats in the Council are held by each of the four Councillors, each with specific responsibilities, and lead by one supreme Emperor. These titles include: -[Councillor of War] Pretty self explanatory. This one is put on the reins of the Empire's armies and guard forces. -[Councillor of Discovery] A Councillor with this title are heads of both the Amoran Empire's technological research and spatial exploration efforts. -[Councillor of Treasury] This one is put in charge of the Empire's infrastructure and revenues. -[Councillor of Prosperity] The role of "Prosperity" is to preserve the culture, as well as to ensure political and social stability within the Holy Amoran Empire. And lets not forget, the [Emperor], of course, being supreme dictator of the council. Anything that the Councillors argue about is ultimately decided by him. Race Lore: Leading this glorious empire are the [Amorans], a species of highly sophisticated, yet war-like primates. Their physiology are made up of the typical primate model, often varying in size and color, but they mostly resemble to that of chimpanzees. (And that's about all I could do for tonight, I'll write up the rest later)
DawnOfWarfan22
#157830580Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:34 PM GMT

The last civilization RP I was in often utilized a chat for everyone to keep communication with each other with. Should we use the same at all or?...
TNTJack
#157850078Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:34 PM GMT

(... This is why I fear going to sleep; Lots of posts, and I have to deal with them.) @Torte Economy is also the amount of industry, so... Accepted, but just a hint: You can't make alot with a few factories. @Dawn Accepted. Also, the chat?... I don't know what you are suggesting. If needed, just message/party each other. @Birm Yes, you are still admined. @MrStilts Looks promising so far... I'll wait for the rest, just to be safe, alright? Civilization Name: The Ienmiau Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy. The power is split between a religiously revered Emperor and the public Senate. Needless to say, no one really has any idea when this system was first setup. Race Name: [The Ienmiau] Children of the sand, they have learned to deal with shifting circumstances. But, this flexibility ultimately limits their stability Race Appearance: A dry, sturdy and strong race carved from the deserts of their home, the Ienmiau lack any outer hair, instead relying on a mixture of toughed leather skin and scales. They do stand upright, but quite slow when moving due to the amount of skin and the muscle to carry said skin. This all tends to make it difficult for Ienmiau to die of temperature or radiation. Controlled Systems: The Sterilis system( Latin, for barren.) It does seem barren, with all 5 planets either seas of sand or balls of frozen rock. The three desert planets, however, have already be colonized by the Ienmiau. Technology Rating (1-10): 5 Economy Rating (1-10): 5 Military (1-10): 5 History- Most Ienmiau history has actually been heavily detailed... That said, most records were locked inside a giant library that has been hidden for centuries. Those finally found were revealed to be in a extinct language, and so the process of translating it all has just begun. (You all may start for now.)
Tortemarra
#157850654Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:41 PM GMT

(I should've edited it. The scidians are primitive creatures, and have no sense of trade except by the queen, which is rare... i couldnt edit it because i was on my phone when I did.) The Hive: The Scidians start building The Hive base. It's huge, constructed with dirt, clay, and basically anything.
DawnOfWarfan22
#157851913Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:57 PM GMT

-Sigma Alliance- ______________________ "This is station command, clamps disengaged." The vessels would slowly rotated, their hulls free from the station, the engines flickering on and off as a test to see if they would work in open space. "All vessels, head to designated locations." The ships would soon move, the operators in the station with their heads down, looking over consoles, holograms, panels. Their heads wrapped around the safety of the explorers. "All are good, operating at 100%, congrats on successful departure, be ready for the green light to jump from the station." A number of vessels floated, eventually easing in their formation, quite distant from one another. The planet, glowing cities and large oceans would be below, the population and the planet were in the Rho system, quite distant from Sigma and Tau. "All ships, get ready to jump, we're about to get permission. Stand by..." The radio buzzed with silence, the station silently observing the fleet of exploration vessels. All were varying sizes, some were mercenaries, others were mere government workers, two were military craft renovated for exploration from the System Wars. They would all stand by though, united in the idea of finding another system to colonize. "Green light has been given, I repeat, green light has been given. Jump to designated locations, see you in a week exploration fleet." And with that, metal hulls would defy time and space, their vessels seeming to have expanded in size, suddenly stretching out before the eyes of the station inhabitants and then. In a moment. Gone. Each individual ship out to find individual system, only hoping to turn up with something positive. ---------- On the military front, the three fleets were maintained, repaired, and refitted with any new technology found. Of course, there was few to change, they hadn't had much to do other than add a nice layer of metal to the hull that wouldn't crush them when they entered a planet's orbit. Economically, the Alliance maintained it's simple economics, there was no new additions to any corporation or their factories, offices or other structures. Neither the work force or numbers in owned buildings would change drastically, everything was just easing after their war, there was little to do but watch the life of each individual go by with intrigue on the returning Explorer fleet.
TNTJack
#157852708Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:07 PM GMT

Ienmiau- [Basic] A glorious day, as always under the might of his Holy Seer and Guardian in defense of the system. He and the Senate continues to preside over the growth over the people, and continue to encourage the growth of culture and leisure*. The system of specifically drawn out and structure lines between the planets makes transportation simple, but limits it only to the 5 planets of the System. As all are connected to each other, no one planet reins supreme... All are free to do as they wish**. [Military] The Ienmiau fleets continues to patrol, always with the method of protection, then weaponry, than speed. However, speed isn't a major factor as the patrol routes are mainly to protect the planets and system links. There is almost no regular army. Instead, the Empirum Space Defense( ESD) keeps it's own marines, thus eliminating the amount of bureaucracy for the military. The Senatum Corps( SC) serves as the more experienced, more close net reserve.
birm123
#157853574Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:18 PM GMT

[=HAPPENINS IN THE KINGDOM OF UDRONIAN=] A recent coup attempt to destroy the monarchy of Uzdunaq proved fruitful as an anarchist government takes the place of the former monarchy. The location of the old king is unknown, though what is most startling about this news is that Uzdunaq was a powerful Aressan civilization that rivaled even the Sarranid nation. The worrying part of this news is that others in rival kingdoms may begin to think that rebellion would be possible, resulting in even more chaos in Urdonian. Only those with strong political and civil rights are likely to go without a whisper of rebellion. [=KANAMI MILITARY=] The military force of Kanami pushed into the weaker Urdonian civilizations with ease, though they were drawing ever closer to the challenge of taking on the Sarranid, whom had already managed to defend themselves from three militaristic nations at once, though at a cost. While they were preoccupied with repairing their destroyed military forces and civil buildings. The time was ripe to defeat the traitors of the Aressan culture and reclaim the throne of all of Urdonian. [=KANAMI ECONOMY=] More factories begin to sprout up around the Kanami territories, increasing the economy and allowing for a larger military and technology focus. It is suspected that within the next month profits from factories will increase tenth fold. No big changes as of yet, though. [=TECHNOLOGY=] The labs are on standby, though king Numous does not seem ready to pour efforts into the technological side of the nation.
DawnOfWarfan22
#157853660Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:19 PM GMT

-Sigma Alliance- ______________________ A Orbital Broadcast Station or also known as O.B.S, is now under construction in the middle of each system. The stations were assured to be a sort of news broadcast station to make media more easily transferred between worlds, and the systems. Many people doubt this being true, and much more theorize- and accuse -of each station being structure more akin to a fleet command station, blueprints having been leaked by a notorious hacker group. Despite this, construction goes on anyway, with much disgust shared among planetary populations. [Explorer Ships] --------------------- Each vessel easily moves through space, their engines lit up and shutters folded over the windows. There were numerous vessels, not surprisingly none of them were exactly well armed, if any weapons were attached at all. The first few approaching their targets would begin to ready their crews for contact with a foreign system. They would treat this as any other run.
birm123
#157854724Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:33 PM GMT

[=REBELLION=] The first rebellion had begun in the Kanami territory, as suspected. Armies rush to secure the area and end the rebellion before it can become too troublesome. [=ECONOMY=] Despite the many new factories being built in Kanami, economy is nearing an all time low. It appears that the king had not been prepared to deal with such a cost. Rebellion has not made the situation any better. [=OPERATION PEACE KEEPER=] Research begins on super soldiers to defend the king and deal with tasks too large for the normal soldiers.
DawnOfWarfan22
#157855515Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:42 PM GMT

-Sigma Alliance- ______________________ The O.B.S project goes as planned, nothing thus far having interfered with construction. Large containers of materials floated about in space like debris, constructor drones picking up pieces and applying them to the structure. A massive ship would overlook the operation, it was a mere civilian vessel, filled with those would sought to fund the projects. Meanwhile, the shipyards began production on colony ships capable of the journey- and capable to construct colonies -to the planets that would hopefully be found. [Research] -------------- No significant developments are made in this department, most prioritize in the minor civilian lives that occur day to day. If anything is developed, it is basic, and barely one would notice.
Tortemarra
#157855786Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:45 PM GMT

The main hive is finished, with the entrance at the top of the hive. It resembles a giant anthill. Workers expand underground, making a complex maze of connecting tunnels, all leading to one huge room where the eggs hatch and where the queen sleeps. In each tunnel, there are drawings of scidians reaching to the stars for salvation. Drones and Spitters spread to hunt and explore the planet, marking large pillars to show their territory.
DawnOfWarfan22
#157856179Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:50 PM GMT

-Sigma Alliance- ______________________ [Explorer Ships] ----------------------- "We are coming up on the targets now, stand by." The ships comms echoed through the hall, everything at a standstill, then, the silence would be pierced, the vessel blasting out of the warp and landing in open space. A sun shined against the hull of the small vessel, the crew soon taking a good scan of the system. "We got one, we got planets here!" Only one other vessel would report the same discovery, abandoned worlds, the rest of the 'fleet' that had gone out would either find destruction in their arrival (may that be due to raiders, them slamming into massive objects or other such things) or to find nothing of value. Of course, the job of the two vessels in those systems were not over, they needed to seek for words to be fit for colonization, thus, they went, moving toward the first planet. [Military] ----------------- The three fleets would be separated, to protect the designated systems. The dreadnaught itself would remain docked in a shipyard, the only progression made in the navy being that two more vessels were to be constructed, command vessels, to keep order of the fleets in Rho and Tau. Sigma's fleet however, would be lead by the massive dreadnaught class.
MrStilts
#157860732Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:49 AM GMT

(And now for the complete sheet} Civilization Name: [The Holy Amoran Empire] Government Type: [Imperialistic Council] More precisely, one in which the seats in the Council are held by each of the four Councillors, each with specific responsibilities, and lead by one supreme Emperor. These titles include: -{Councillor of War} Pretty self explanatory. This one is put on the reins of the Empire's armies and guard forces. -{Councillor of Discovery} A Councillor with this title are heads of both the Amoran Empire's technological research and spatial exploration efforts. -{Councillor of Treasury} This one is put in charge of the Empire's infrastructure and revenues. -{Councillor of Prosperity} The role of "Prosperity" is to preserve the culture, as well as to ensure political and social stability within the Holy Amoran Empire. And lets not forget, the [Emperor], of course, being supreme dictator of the council. Anything that the Councillors argue about is ultimately decided by him. Race Lore: Leading this glorious empire are the [Amorans], a species of highly sophisticated, yet war-like primates. Their physiology are made up of the typical primate model, often varying in size and color, but they mostly resemble to that of chimpanzees. History: Hailing from the dwarf planet of Igna, the Amorans live for the taste of war and battle. The world being as small as it is, resources are therefore scarce, so war is often practiced among nations. It wasn't until the Holy Empire's rise to dominance that the planet finally found peace, but by then, Igna had already suffered irreparable scares. In a bid to recover the losses suffered from the constant fighting, the Empire sent it's armies into space to extract the other planets' resources. Now, the system has been conquered, and the Empire looks to do the same for all of the stars within their sky. Controlled Systems: [The Kellus system], which includes (from closest to farthest from the sun): -{Petrus}: A hot, mineral rich, wasteland world. Colonists are confined to domes when not at work. -{Equaus}: Lush Pangaean world, host to one moon, suitable for growing crops and raising animals. -{Igna}: The capital world of the Empire, but you should already know that by now. It's a small, forested world, with cycling seasons and two continents divided by ocean. -{Hemus}: The coldest one, being the last planet in the star system. An averagely large planet, it's minerals are also being mined here, but because the planet is so secluded and out of the way, it was also claimed for the Empire to conduct research projects in secret. Technology Rating (1-10): 3 Economy Rating (1-10): 4 Military (1-10): 8 Being a nation built upon war, the Empire is quite adept at it, although the centuries of infighting has taken its toll on them.
TNTJack
#157864929Sunday, March 15, 2015 1:37 AM GMT

@Mrsilts Accepted... But it's odd... We have three military empires, and then the creator of the rp(myself) makes a neutral empire :l @Dawn For the record( Since it happened last time) I can detect you IF you enter my system... Ienmiau- [Culture] The Ienmiau people, long ago warring for the limited resources, had transformed many years ago into a people more akin to peace, culture and philosophy than war. Even now, artists are held in a high regard among soldiers( Marines excluded). Religion, though fully separated from the Senate and major government bodies, still plays a relative part. Though many branches exist in the Caeluia faith, it helps make everything more... Original.* [Military] The ESD continues it's patrol and maintance, and finishes the connection between the first Ienmiau world Haekei and the outer ice world Dedanifa. With the new connection, a corps of SC is sent down with a research group to find out more on the planet.** *The Ienmiau's true power is in their culture. It can easily absorb another culture or religion to fit in.* **The two ice planets in the system are still wild... Only one of them has a colony, and even that is more of a outpost.**

of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right