TheTechyButterfly
#189855066Friday, May 27, 2016 11:51 PM GMT

I think RDS sounds super shady. So let me get this straight. They're using an OFF SITE link in their script even though the usage of offsite links are against Roblox's rules! Totally unacceptable above ALL LEVELS. RDS Creators should not be able to track the users of their script. It's basically like a virus. Therefore RDS should be removed, and whoever made the script should be sued or put in jail for doing this. The distribution of malicious scripting in programs and games are illegal.
Benda587
#189855316Friday, May 27, 2016 11:55 PM GMT

I would like to make an official comment on behalf of RDS. First, I would like to tell you all that you should learn all of the facts before you pass judgement. There are several, and I do mean several misconceptions about RDS. I will first start off with the obvious misstatement, REP was NEVER ran by RDS. RDS was founded before REP, look at our group ID (2580593) then look at REP's group ID (2755722). Thirdly, Encladeus was not banned for removing RDS from his game, nor did he receive that message that he posted. He was banned for 3 days for using profanity, and he received the following message: "Hello, this message was sent to you to let you know that you have been banned from all games protected by ROBLOX Developer Services as an administrator has determined you are in violation of ROBLOX rules. You will not be able to join any game with RDS installed. Your ban will expire on 2016-05-19 You may appeal your ban using our website at https://twitter.com/RobloxRDS/status/664934756732248064"
metroids
#189855653Friday, May 27, 2016 11:59 PM GMT

regardless,that's putting near-site moderator powers in the hands of potentially unstable kids. that's why it's a bad idea to let anyone other than the moderators moderate the site. rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
TheTechyButterfly
#189855842Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:02 AM GMT

@Benda, Are you staff of RDS? May I ask what position your in the staff?
httpAbbey
#189855873Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:03 AM GMT

Okay so there are multiple mistakes in this post. I think RDS sounds super shady. So let me get this straight. They're using an OFF SITE link in their script even though the usage of offsite links are against Roblox's rules! Totally unacceptable above ALL LEVELS. RDS Creators should not be able to track the users of their script. It's basically like a virus. Therefore RDS should be removed, and whoever made the script should be sued or put in jail for doing this. The distribution of malicious scripting in programs and games are illegal. Firstly, thousands of groups use off site services and websites withing their scripts, and that is NOT against the ROBLOX rules as we are not messaging, shouting etc with this. We do NOT track users with our scripts, nor have any power or any way to do so. Also, it is NOT like a virus as we are firstly a protection / prevention group and service, not one that has the intention to do the apposite. It's not malicious, not illigal. It's an anti-exploit script and service. Also to everyone who says we are 'impersonating ROBLOX moderators'. Ask ANY agent if they work with ROBLOX and they will all say that we do not work with nor associated with ROBLOX or their administration team. yes yes yes
metroids
#189855913Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:04 AM GMT

"Are you staff of RDS?" what,are you serious? is it such a catastrophe for you to go check RDS for yourself? rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
metroids
#189855979Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:06 AM GMT

"Ask ANY agent if they work with ROBLOX and they will all say that we do not work with nor associated with ROBLOX or their administration team." then don't try to steal their thunder. roblox hired moderators for a reason lmao. rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
httpAbbey
#189856000Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:06 AM GMT

@metroids We don't have near-site moderator powers, we do not have any power over the ROBLOX site or any other ROBLOX game that is not protected by ROBLOX Developer Services. We do not moderate the site. Also, I am the Director of Monitoring Services at ROBLOX Developer Services. yes yes yes
httpAbbey
#189856054Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:07 AM GMT

Also we are not trying to steal their thunder. Do ROBLOX administrators actively work on preventing exploiters and banning people who exploit daily? yes yes yes
TheTechyButterfly
#189856187Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:09 AM GMT

@http, I apologize for misunderstanding since I am no Developer.
metroids
#189856330Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:13 AM GMT

"We do not moderate the site." buuuuuut you moderate games k "Do ROBLOX administrators actively work on preventing exploiters and banning people who exploit daily?" yeah. they do. do you really believe the people on atr who make protests about this kind of stuff? "Also, I am the Director of Monitoring Services at ROBLOX Developer Services." good for you i don't care lmao rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
emperormicah
#189858069Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:47 AM GMT

'I think RDS sounds super shady. So let me get this straight. They're using an OFF SITE link in their script even though the usage of offsite links are against Roblox's rules! Totally unacceptable above ALL LEVELS. RDS Creators should not be able to track the users of their script. It's basically like a virus. Therefore RDS should be removed, and whoever made the script should be sued or put in jail for doing this. The distribution of malicious scripting in programs and games are illegal.' Okay since no one else has brang this up I guess I will. Roblox basically claims rights to do whatever they want on there entire site when you sign up, or join a game as a guest. So when you upload content, they also claim it as theres which means 1. anything that is illegal a user uploads to roblox is technically roblox's fault. 2. it is legal for someone to track your every move & send it up on roblox since roblox claimed rights 'to do whatever they want' also off site links are disallowed in chat, messaging and ingame chat not scripts otherwise theres no reason to implement http service which only allows off site links. 3. as i already stated since roblox claims everything you cant sue them you can only sue roblox. 'The distribution of malicious scripting in programs and games are illegal.' 1. Its all server side on roblox's platform, which means its all ran on roblox's servers at there HQ. 2. Roblox lua is in its own language ( edited version of lua ) which is securely sandboxed so it cant execute malicious code. 3. Roblox lua doesn't even support the ability to possibly make anything malicious that could harm anything outside your roblox player. All in all this person is ro-tarded
httpAbbey
#189858200Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:49 AM GMT

Thank you Darth, at least someone has some sense and knowledge about the whole situation. yes yes yes
B00ie23
#189863720Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:10 AM GMT

Bump, you aren't gonna convince me that your service is safe after hearing that your agents (especislly the group owner) blackmailing users. Your team tried countless times to deny using third party sources but all failed.
B00ie23
#189863904Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:13 AM GMT

Also, since you're claiming that you aren't using trello, you're still using another third party service to operate your loader.
httpOmqCxpcake
#189868841Saturday, May 28, 2016 3:27 AM GMT

Why is using an external server to detect who installed RDS illegal? Some top developers uses this.
Rx_cky
#189873065Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:30 AM GMT

The use of Off-site links and watching players while they think they have "Privacy" in games, RDS exploits this to their full potential. BUUUUUUUUUUUT..! OFF SITE LINKS AND NO PRIVACY BREAKS ROBLOX RULES AND IS IN THE ToS1!!1!1!1!1!!1!1!!1!1!!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!! the use breaks real life rules, and can get you arrested. Now, just stop RDS, Just stop.
Rx_cky
#189873153Saturday, May 28, 2016 4:32 AM GMT

I bet an HR in RDS is gonna give me a Fortnight long ban on all RDS protected games cause of my statement.
httpAbbey
#189885588Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:55 AM GMT

@B00ie - We don't deny using third party services, as it is ALLOWED on ROBLOX. It is not breaking the terms of service, and technically it isn't since we own the service which we use, we script it etc. @httpOmq - We don't know who installs our loader, we don't keep track or have any way to view who has installed our loader, only people who have taken the model via the ROBLOX site. @ricky - For the last time, we do not WATCH PLAYERS, we have no way on viewing players without actually being in the game, and anyone can see anyone when in a game, it's common sense. And we won't ban you or anyone in this thread and other threads alike, as people are entitled to their own opinion. We are just here to state the facts, as pretty much everything on this thread that is said by other people is incorrect and just rumours. yes yes yes
metroids
#189891334Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:20 PM GMT

if that's the case then frankly i'm wondering how you can moderate like you do today. it seems odd that you can ban people almost immediately for profanity or whatever stupid reason you'd like and have almost no access to games in general. rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
httpAbbey
#189892186Saturday, May 28, 2016 2:35 PM GMT

Firstly, we don't ban people for stupid reasons, we always have to have a reason to ban people otherwise the person submitting the ban would be in trouble. It's honestly simple how our chat filter system works. If someone says a filtered word, our script detects it from our list of blacklisted words and issues the person a warning telling them they need to stop using profanity. If it gets to a third strike, then the player is kicked from the game, and a pending ban is sent to our site. All of these bans HAVE TO be approved by a high ranking agent or Management. If for some reason someone gets a strike for a word which isn't filtered (if a filtered word is contained in the word that the player was saying), we will just deny the ban. yes yes yes
metroids
#189917859Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:32 PM GMT

"All of these bans HAVE TO be approved by a high ranking agent or Management." and that's the problem you have regular joes sorting out the bans correct or not,it's going to screw up eventually rm -rf /bin/bash/siggy
Mewsitive
#189925287Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

wait is this serious? Meeooow!!!!!!13!!!
robloxmodsarevirgins
#189925509Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:04 PM GMT

"I think RDS sounds super shady. So let me get this straight. They're using an OFF SITE link in their script even though the usage of offsite links are against Roblox's rules! Totally unacceptable above ALL LEVELS. RDS Creators should not be able to track the users of their script. It's basically like a virus. Therefore RDS should be removed, and whoever made the script should be sued or put in jail for doing this. The distribution of malicious scripting in programs and games are illegal." OHHHHHH my god I can feel the eye tumors growing there's APIs for a reason, ROBLOX would not allow you to send GET/POST requests if third-party APIs were against the rules they're growing Formerly ToxicDominator - add 17,509 posts | :(){:|:&};:
robloxmodsarevirgins
#189926359Saturday, May 28, 2016 9:15 PM GMT

@abbey in no way am I supporting you from my last post, please acknowledge that. first of all I would like to say that you are a very naive person, and your group is in violation of ROBLOX's terms of service; ROBLOX is a free-to-play site, and excluding BC/paid games/private games, all games are supposed to be available to users...and putting someone on a banlist revokes that capability it's not your guys' place to enforce the terms, they added report abuse for a reason. you minimods are only making matters worse, as this has almost reached 8 pages, and you guys are removing the ability of people to play games for seemingly dumb reasons btw why do you have http in front of your name wtf lol Formerly ToxicDominator - add 17,509 posts | :(){:|:&};: