NoobMaster936
#220243970Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:33 AM GMT

"I don't know about these designers personal lives very much, I don't know most of their YT channels and all of that, but I will see what she actually does. The real reason people buy the copies and not the original is it's easier to find.Incase you're wondering.But, if you wanted to get more sales, you could just update the item, the it goes to the front when you search. 😜 Even it she does draw it, there are some who put no effort into it and don't deserve rights.It would be nice if designers could, but it just wouldn't be fair in my opinion, since the majority just copies and pastes. Yes, I realize that some designers' clothing is very important to them.But think about what a toxic community this is.They don't care.Besides, if you have no rights to it, roblox isn't going to defend you." - blox6man "It's not like you can just download a file, type in a few words, and boom, we now have a successful auto-moderation!It doesn't work like that.It would cost thousands, if not, MILLIONS to make a system.They also have such limited resources. You know, I always see people saying that they'd earn so much more real money with Developer Exchange if it weren't for copiers, but really? Would you? First of all, you need OBC. A year of OBC IS ALMOST 400$!Then, you need to have obtained 100,000 robux or more from the day you joined.That's a lot.Once you're eligible, you then convert it for so little.400 robux = 5$. That's really not a lot.You wouldn't "earn" anything, you'd just get some money back. I know someone's gonna tell me that "it's all about morals". Rules don't dictate morals.They dictate pure incorrect acts.And, roblox is a company.No company has wasted tons of money they could spend on further development on the account of a morally incorrect act.Is stealing "supposed" to be wrong?Yes.But it's not like we can moderate people based on this." -blox6man
NoobMaster936
#220244108Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:35 AM GMT

Wave 3 YO! "Say you do manage to purge all initial copies to trim the catalog, what are we looking at now? I'd say at least 500k clothing assets would be unique, would you not agree? Great, now keep in mind all these images are hosted on a separate website called the content distribution network. Think of roblox.com as the front end - any time it needs something like a clothing template or an audio asset or your profile picture, hell, even every time a new game server starts and needs to download the proper RBXL file, it's going to perform an internet request to the CDN to get the correct asset. HTTP ####ests are not instantaneous, so file access times are going to be a major problem. So far so good? You have your front end you can stress and nobody will care because boo hoo the site lags, but the CDN is quite literally ROBLOX's heart, so you want as little stress on it as possible. Even if ROBLOX were to host this little "image check" program on the CDN itself, it's split up across 7 or 8 servers (I can't remember which) so no matter what you do you're going to have to use #### requests for a majority of your image access requests. Not to mention you will be rapidly accessing 500k images as fast as you can process them, every single time somebody makes a report, putting unnecessary stress on a system that you want to run as fast as possible. This makes ROBLOX susceptible to DDoSing itself by just spamming shirt reports, something any amateur can write a bot to do easily. So is there a solution to this? Actually yes, ROBLOX could pay for servers dedicated solely to checking reports and mirror only clothing templates on that server. And a dedicated server can be rented for as low as... $160 dollars per month! Wow, seems great, doesn't it?! No, not really. See, this dedicated server of yours only has 4GB of RAM and a 3.1 Ghz quad core processor. Which is enough to run your home computer but unfortunately... Handling report requests 24/7 (and often multiple ones at the same time because you know damn well this isn't going to stop anyone from copying, they're just going to get caught more easily now) requires a LOT more power than your average run of the mill home computer. Let's say loading an image into memory, scanning it's pixels, and doing all the necessary calculations to decide if it's a copy or not takes only half of a second. Remember that 500k figure up there? Yeah, it's going to take 250k seconds to scan all images. That's 2.9 days. And that's on an unstressed system, imagine now that you have several people reporting clothes copiers, suddenly that server is flooded with so much work to do at once it can't keep up. ROBLOX needs to buy more servers! But you can't just daisy chain two servers together and expect them to work, now your shirt checker needs a command server to receive requests and delegate them to the least stressed worker server. And you need someone to actually write all this software and maintain it. And just how many servers do you think you will need at 3 days per scan? I can promise you it's a lot more than two. And that's before the harddrives start to bottleneck - because the brunt of the work is loading the image into memory instead of the CPU time it takes to handle it, HDD usage will be at it's limits once you throw up enough requests on one server, and the scan processes will start to interfere and slow each other down. No, you can't just keep all the images in RAM, one template may be only 250kb or so but at 500k of them that quickly exceeds 120 gigabytes. So, really quickly, this cheap simple solution begins to spiral into ROBLOX having to spend tens of thousands of dollars monthly just for the servers to run the damn thing, which isn't even close to worth it for a system bypassable by changing the colors slightly." -Internecivus "If I read your reply to me correctly, you're saying you want this process to not be performed by report but instead for EVERY piece of clothing created? That's going to require MUCH more servers than I estimated, I genuinely think you could run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars attempting that. I mean, how many people upload clothing each day? Secondly, you mention that ROBLOX will have an easier time not having to host all these copied assets. Storage is cheap. Worker servers are very expensive. Hosting twenty million pieces of clothing assuming each template is 250kb totals to 5 terabytes. I can buy a 5TB h### ####e#####around 400 dollars as a one time fee. An exactly copied asset actually costs ROBLOX almost nothing to host. The CDN stores files by it's hash. This means if I upload the same file that was already uploaded, the ROBLOX website will go "Hey I already have that, we'll just create a new shirt object and link it up to this old image". (Hashing is also bypassable by literally changing a single pixel anywhere on the image so don't think it's going to be useful to prevent copying either.)" - Internecivus
NoobMaster936
#220244482Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:40 AM GMT

Now you can sit back and read the random crap I posted. :)
NoobMaster936
#220244524Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:40 AM GMT

Some of it is irrelevant but eh still enjoy!
blox6man
#220244543Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:40 AM GMT

thanks for quoting me
Nilvou
#220244812Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:44 AM GMT

tl;dr maybe later
NoobMaster936
#220244826Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:44 AM GMT

No problem. :)
Sam_Uncle
#220247071Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:16 AM GMT

jose now you need to shut tf up May god thy gold refine.
NoobMaster936
#220247203Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:18 AM GMT

"tl;dr maybe later" and then you want me to read your post...
Copic_Ciao
#220247217Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:18 AM GMT

I agree with uncle sam Ո૦ც૦ძע ੮૯૪੮ς Բคς੮૯Ր ੮ҺคՈ ค ƿɿςς૯ძ ૦Բ Բ૯ɱคՆ૯.
chriseppa
#220254688Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:58 AM GMT

not all designers just slap a picture into a template theres thousands of other designers out there who actually draw their clothing, put a lot of time and effort to it then just get copied a lot in one second and barely get any sales before finding the negative part of a side find out the positive to find a reasonable excuse i support
chriseppa
#220254845Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:00 AM GMT

Why do you care about earning fake money? Are you that desperate for it? theres a thing calles devex smh
NoobMaster936
#220255605Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:10 AM GMT

Man this ended as a train wreck...but I can't help but feel this is my fault.
Daiyze
#220256086Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:16 AM GMT

It would be nice if roblocs could make it harder to copy clothes
NoobMaster936
#220256233Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:18 AM GMT

They had it coming either way. :)
KittyMinaj
#220265975Sunday, July 02, 2017 6:34 AM GMT

Why is there so much beef and arguments that this doesn't matter. It's a serious issue of copying. The designers need their voices heard on how sick they are on copying. Then these other people come on here and start to criticize ###### on the truth. This is a rising matter. Even I don't go to the catalog often to buy clothes there. I follow the REAL ######### and go to their inventory and buy clothes there instead of being bothered... XoXo, KittyMinaj
MasterKev3000
#220271315Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:09 AM GMT

What's So Wrong About Copying???? Eh? It's Just Copying! Duh! Just... Plz, Don't Reply. <3
NoobMaster936
#220283758Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:14 PM GMT

Smh....
Hannah55157
#220288548Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:03 PM GMT

Yes, I do think this is an issue and I am really happy to see you are trying to do something about it, this is important! What especially gets me mad is when someone who might be unaware to the copied clothing, and has robux, buys front page clothing for way more than they should, just giving their robux to those who are thirsty for it.
NoobMaster936
#220288964Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:12 PM GMT

Man this thread has gone to hell...
Copic_Ciao
#220289060Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:14 PM GMT

What's So Wrong About Copying???? Eh? It's Just Copying! Duh! (2) I had to do it Ո૦ც૦ძע ੮૯૪੮ς Բคς੮૯Ր ੮ҺคՈ ค ƿɿςς૯ძ ૦Բ Բ૯ɱคՆ૯.
NoobMaster936
#220289099Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:15 PM GMT

Well I should probably let this die.
Copic_Ciao
#220289155Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:17 PM GMT

good plan Ո૦ც૦ძע ੮૯૪੮ς Բคς੮૯Ր ੮ҺคՈ ค ƿɿςς૯ძ ૦Բ Բ૯ɱคՆ૯.
Retrold
#220289304Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:20 PM GMT

I support, but free clothing is a dumb idea. Clothing makers would quit because only free clothing would be bought.
NoobMaster936
#220289409Sunday, July 02, 2017 3:22 PM GMT

All's well that ends well I guess.