Lynk101
#37194591Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:00 PM GMT

(ok, sorry ima. i'll shet ep now. btw, since Cassandra just tackled Lane, why not have them go through some sort of dialogue? it could be embarrassing for Lane too, considering he was just full-bodied tackled by a girl. just an idea...)
Imafighter
#37195129Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:07 PM GMT

"Did you have to do that?" I complained, rubbing a lump on the back of my head. Cassandra laughed and made the peace sign in greeting. "Good to see you, too." I say, annoyed. Then, a lump in Cassandra's uniform shifted, and Sirius popped out of a pocket, raising a paw in greeting and squeaking a greeting. "And Sirius, too," I said, reaching out and holding him as I got up, picking up my sandwich at the same time. "Has he been with you? I left him in my room this morning." "I got him myself, that's all," Cassandra explained. "Easy!" "Does that mean... did you go into the boys' Prodigy dorms?" I roared. "And go through my stuff?" "I was just curious while on break," Cassandra defended herself lightly, getting up too. "Like how I'm on break right now." "Actually, I was on my way to Boren's – well, Special Unit Officer Lorin's office," I explained, making a small start at moving away. "Could someone else help you for now?" "No way," Cassandra objected, taking hold of my arm. "It must be you!" "Why me?" I asked, pointing at myself. "Because you're right here," Cassandra said. "Listen, I've helped develop an important component for large-scale decoding processors, and it's been a long time in development and the prototypes are in desperate need to be distributed. The prototype here was finished last night and is scheduled to be shipped off-world in under an hour, but..." "But what?" I asked. Don't tell me that the pick-up fleet was attacked!" I felt brief thrill of fear; could the Clanners be attacking us even in secure Inner Sphere space like this? "But..." Cassandra started seriously, then said cheerfully, "I lost it!" I nearly fell over in shock. "You wha...?" I sputtered. Cassandra smiled. "Could you help me find it before the fleet arrives, Lane? They'll be really mad if it's missing and I'll be in trouble!" "Well, okay," I agreed, standing up straighter. "Where did you lose it?" "I think I dropped it somewhere in this building," Cassandra said thoughtfully, putting a finger to her mouth and looking around. "It probably fell out of my pocket." "Then it could be anywhere!" I cried in irritation. "Really, shouldn't you get a search team for this? They'd do a much better job, don't you agree?" I had to admit, I had a good point. Cassandra thought about it for a few seconds, then had her answer.
woofiewolf
#37200012Friday, November 19, 2010 12:11 AM GMT

Great chapter, as always! KEEP WRITING! Bump Up Imafighter's Post !
Lynk101
#37200403Friday, November 19, 2010 12:16 AM GMT

there you go, once you get an idea going you can just expand on it. :) great job! i won't say keep up the great work because that's like me demanding you to continue, lol.
woofiewolf
#37225060Friday, November 19, 2010 6:21 PM GMT

Buip!
woofiewolf
#37225086Friday, November 19, 2010 6:22 PM GMT

Just wondering... Where can I learn more about Mechwarrior? THIS IS AWESOME!
Lynk101
#37235039Friday, November 19, 2010 10:25 PM GMT

um... wikipedia?
thomasrules
#37312802Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:58 AM GMT

BUIP BUIP Bump Up Imafighter's Post Crazy People
Lynk101
#37314028Sunday, November 21, 2010 3:17 AM GMT

another chapter soon please! i'm getting bored D:
Imafighter
#37317161Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:12 AM GMT

"Okay. I have to get to Officer Lorin's office," I said, starting off. "I'll see you later, all right?" "I'll come along," Cassandra said, walking beside me. "I'd like to be around you for a while more. I'm still on break." "Sure," I responded. A few minutes later, I was knocking on Boren's door and stood before his desk, Cassandra next to me. "Did you call for me, Officer Lorin?" I asked. Boren looked politely puzzled. 'Why the long face, Lane?" he asked as he got a stack of papers out of a drawer of his desk and set them down. "I only wanted to give you something to give to Cassandra Goyua, the newest Senior Technician. Since she's here with you, though, I can hand it over directly. Here you are, Cassandra. I think you dropped this earlier." Now I fully fell over in shock. Boren held a device identical to Cassandra's, and she accepted it happily. "Thank you, sir!" she beamed. "I'm glad you found it." "But... what was that the Tyak stole?" I sputtered, staggering to my feet. This was just too much! Cassandra turned to face me, a light of amusement in her eyes. "I just realized that the one you found was a scrapped model, one we don't need," she explained. "Senior Technician Yulani is really sloppy and just threw it into that hole in the wall a few days back instead of actually disposing of it. I didn't realize our mistake until halfway getting here and forgot to mention it." "Oh. Not the real deal, huh?" I grumbled to myself, Sirius poking out of my pocket to give a sympathetic "Kyuuuu..." "Well, I guess that's that," Boren said lightly, shuffling a few papers on his desk. "You're free to go, Senior Technician Goyua. Have a good one." "You too!" Cassandra waved goodbye, leaving the office. "See you later, Lane!" "Yeah. Later," I mumbled back, giving a halfhearted wave goodbye. My luck was really something else! "W... was that everything you needed, Boren?" I asked, recovering from my shock. "Heh... yeah. Sorry if I made you run up and down the Academy for nothing," Boren laughed, adjusting a picture frame on his desk to make room for a thick envelope. I recognized who was on that picture... "Hey. Is that Jennifer?" I asked, approaching Boren's desk and picking up the frame to look. Indeed, that was my Lancemate, smiling warmly back at me behind the glass. She was turned slightly away from the camera, turning to face it, one lock of her soft purple hair resting on her shoulder. "Oh... yeah. Looks good, doesn't she?" Boren asked with a smile. "What do you mean by that?" I asked quickly and defensively. "That was taken during one of those rare moments when she smiles and means it. I took that picture myself," Boren said with a small smile. "After I told her that she and you make a great team and that you get along so well." "H-hey. You told her that?" I erupted, almost dropping the picture. Boren only smiled wider. "Well, she's my sister, after all," he said slyly, taking back the picture and putting back on its original position. "She's become a little warmer around others lately, Lane, and I think I know who's responsible for that." "Do you mean...?" I started, trying not to blush yet again. "See you, Lane," Boren waved goodbye. I grumbled a farewell and left the office, sighing. Man, was my life getting complex! I almost yearned for my simple life back on Extama. But then again, after seeing all these sights and meeting all these people... I wouldn't trade this for the galaxy. The thought was comforting and I reflected on it, until I ran into another Special Unit Officer down the hall. He was older than Boren and all business. "Mechwarrior Lane Farlow?" he asked formally, and I nodded. He handed me a thick envelope. "Gather Mechwarriors Lorin, Yamada, and Goyua and report to the briefing room," he said. "You have a new mission."
thomasrules
#37317304Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:15 AM GMT

(heres the name of a story i made myself Drone Wars: the begining(story)
woofiewolf
#37317400Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:17 AM GMT

BUIP! Is it just mehz, or did I miss a huge part? I didn't read anything about a Tyak!
thomasrules
#37318007Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:30 AM GMT

thomasrules
#37409658Monday, November 22, 2010 10:42 PM GMT

BUMP!
thomasrules
#37575515Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:03 PM GMT

SANDWICH!
Lynk101
#37828373Monday, November 29, 2010 1:17 PM GMT

is there going to be new chapters soon?
BeastHero12
#37829894Monday, November 29, 2010 3:08 PM GMT

BookMarked
Imafighter
#37839009Monday, November 29, 2010 8:19 PM GMT

Guys, probably not gonna be posting for a while, I am working on Modern Warfare 3: Makarov right now.
GODSDJ
#41715246Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:44 PM GMT

THIS. IS. AWESOME!!!!!!! NO! ITS DOUBLE AWESOME!
thomasrules
#42210412Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:00 AM GMT

MAKE ANOTHAH CHAPTER!
halorecon32
#42445435Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:34 AM GMT

bump
Imafighter
#42802126Sunday, February 20, 2011 6:36 PM GMT

Bumpazoola
zookeeper5
#42802281Sunday, February 20, 2011 6:39 PM GMT

Make a new chapter