of     85   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Elizabeth90
#71003353Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:11 PM GMT

(This roleplay is based off one of my oldest roleplay sites. It was originally an advance roleplay, but I've decided to make a mini version of it on here.) Life was normal, boring, nothing extreme happened, nothing that could change the course of the world. But then... it happened. Mankind evolved. People woke up each morning to find out that they had incredible powers; telekinesis, mind reading and control, ghosting through objects, invisibility, controlling elements, anything you could think of, people discovered that they were able to do one, or even more, of those awesome abilities For awhile it was kept a secret, but will great power comes great responsibility... which some people did not have. And so chaos was ensued. Banks were robbed, mass crowds murdered, people disappeared, all of this done by people who used their powers openly And so the USA government found out. A top-secret military/government company, the Avernous Co. (A.C.) was created to hunt down and capture Sub-Humans (the name they gave for those with special abilities), and locked them up in a special, top-secret, heavily-guarded building called the Asylum, where they are imprisoned and experimented on, and often killed. You are one of those Sub-humans. Whether is was in your house while you slept, or in a public area, or even in the middle of nowhere, the agents of the A.C. found you, kidnapped you, and locked you up in the Asylum. There you have been humiliated, injected with God knows what, cut open, beaten up, starved, and locked in a small cell, where you wait and pray that it will just end. Others have tried to escape, less than few have suceeded, the rest died. Everyday as you wait in your cell, more and more cells are emptied and later occupied by different Sub-humans - a sure sign that the the previous Inmates could no longer take the experiments. Others gave in and have joined the A.C., using their gifts against their own kind. You could join them, or you could rot in your cell, or you could try to escape - which would surely mean death. But you're going to die anyway, so what do you have to loose? Not much. Still, how much more can you take? It is a question that plagues the minds and hearts all the Sub-humans. (Yes, currently this roleplay takes place in solely the Asylum. But if/when the roleplay continues, I may let some characters escape, and thus expand the map to the outside world.)
Elizabeth90
#71003440Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:12 PM GMT

Roleplay Map: (Again, the roleplay takes place in the Asylum.) The two main places for Sub-humans are their cells - 5 levels of cells, the lower the number, the more powerful the Sub-humans in there are. The Hole - a large, pit-like area with some furniture and gym tools, where the Sub-humans are allowed to wander about every day some 12pm to 4pm. Then there are the labs - where the Sub-humans are experimented on. For the A.C. members (humans and Converts) there are the baracks, the cafeteria, again the labs, office rooms. Then there are some other places, which you can make up if you wish. Ranks: You can join as an Inmate (Sub-human prisoner), a Convert (Sub-human working for the A.C.), a human soldier, or a scientist. The leader of the A.C. may come in later in the roleplay. ---- Rules: I trust you all already know the general rules/ Sub-humans can have up to two powers, these powers could have been discovered at any age (basically, yes, you can make it so your character has lived in the Asylum his/her whole life), try not to make your powers too extreme. You cannot have a weapon, unless you are a Convert or a human. You can try to escape, but you will fail (that's not an option). YOU CANNOT ROLEPLAY UNTIL I HAVE ACCEPTED YOU. If there is something in your CS that I do not like, I will ask you change it. Change it into something I agree with, and you will be accepted. NOTE: The A.C. has convinced the human world that they are the good guys; the world does not know that they experiment on Sub-humans. To the world, the A.C. is a justice league that captures the bad 'freaks' and locks them up so that baddies can't harm the helpless humans. But this isn't the case. Anyway, if you join as a soldier or a Convert: be secretive. That means no going around and killing random humans. That includes the Inmate's or Convert's bios: NO "and then the A.C. came along and killed his/her whole family/friends and dragged him/her off to the Asylum." This was a big problem in my old roleplay, and I really don't want it to happen again. The A.C. DOES NOT kill random groups of humans for no reason. Pretty simple rule to follow, yes? Thankyou for reading. ---- Sub-human CS Name: Age: Gender: Personality: Appearance: Power(s): Rank: (Inmate or Convert) Bio: (Must also include Sub-human's live before s/he was captured) Human CS: Name: Age: Gender: Personality: Appearance: Rank: (Soldier/guard, agent, or scientist...ask nicely and I might let you join as a general or something) Weapons: Bio:
Elizabeth90
#71005709Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:40 PM GMT

Sub-human CS Name: Alice Chester Ag.e: 18 Gender: Female Personality: Surprisingly calm and collected...sometimes. She does not fear the A.C., and she likes to make sure they know that. She isn't the type of person who fears for her own life, but more like the type that fears for other peoples this. This is why she tries not to get too attached to anyone. She is nearly obsessed with not only escaping the Asylum, but fighting back. She wants more than anything to expose the true intention of the Avernous Co. to the world, then ground it into the dirt...but she can not do that alone. Appearance: She once had fair skin, but years in a cell and the labs have made it pale and covered in scars. She has deep, sea-blue eyes; out-grown, curly blonde hair, the color of wheat. She stands 5'7", with a slender and slightly muscular build; high cheekbones, slightly pointed nose, arched eyebrows, and normal Caucasian eyes. She wears nothing but a strait-jacket, torn jeans, and sneakers. Power(s): Currently, no one is sure what her power is, for it keeps changing. Once she could manipulate fire, then pick up objects with her mind, fly, hear people's thoughts...but all those have come and gone. All that she knows is that it hurts her head and body, she can barely control the powers that come and go, and the A.C. is VERY interested in her. Rank: Inmate Bio: Alice was captured by the A.C. when she was 11, and has been locked in there ever since. Before, she lived in a family of 4: two parents and one brother. She went to school like a normal kid, and was often the leader of more than one group; in general, she was very talented. A future leader, some said. Then that all changed when one day, as she was walking away from school alone, she saw a man trip and fall on the ground, so she went over and helped him up. As she touched his bare skin with her's, a strange jolt when through her body. She almost immediately dismissed it as nothing, and went on her way. The next day, strange things started to happen: she accidently touched a scalding hot pan, and it didn't burn her at all; she seemed attracted to fire, and it to her. Then, when she was at school, she got mad at one of the bullies, and a nearby trash can burst into flame without warning. Three nights later, as she slept, a stranger snuck into her room, drug.ged her, and dragged her off. She woke up in a small, cold cell, surrounded by freaks and maniacs. She panicked. And ever since she has lived in the Asylum, experimented on by mad scientists, and nearly killed or droven insane. Since then, she has sworn to escape and stop the Avernous Co...even if it costs her her life.
podraptor
#71008174Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:10 PM GMT

What if you have great power in your Sub-Human abilities, but also great weaknesses to holding or using the power?
evilishnessII
#71008438Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:13 PM GMT

[ 4th post - Claimed. ]
JPFan01
#71009482Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:28 PM GMT

Sub-human CS Name: Willow Aryonda A-g-e: 17 Gender: Female Personality: After her tragic and shocking past life, she's now become an emotionless and selfless person. She'll do anything anyone tells her to do and is cooperative. God forbid the day she snaps and goes evil. Appearance: Willow wears a skin-tight black jumpsuit with a gray vest and gray waistband on. She has long black hair with cloudy gray eyes and abnormally pale skin. She's 5"5 and weighs 92 lbs. Power(s): Willow is able to summon a mass of smoke that comes from nowhere, but can take some time to come. (The smoke-monster from Lost is a great description of this) This column of smoke is able to even touch people, severe them much, and remains to be intangible so no one can touch it but it can touch them. This smoke can be disregarded by bright lights and large gusts of wind.(Not sunlight though) It's unknown to the A.C if Willow can control or become the mass of smoke. (FYI, she can, she just doesn't know yet either) The smoke is able to re-size itself to be smaller or larger. It also has a low or high pitched humming like it does in the show Lost. Rank: Inmate Bio: Her past life is when she was completely normal. She had lots of friends, family, and people who cared for her, but then when everything happened and she realized her ability to summon this thing. She was upset at her parents one day and she stormed off to school. Not knowing what she was really doing, the mass of smoke attacked her parents shortly after she left, killing them both in a matter of minutes, as well the house and anything inside of it. She was devastated and completely heartbroken. That explains why she's so emotionless and cooperative now, in a way. People don't know why she isn't upset anymore. She was taken to a foster home and was almost immediately adopted, by a women in a nice fancy suit. It turned out she was with the A.C and took her to the asylum. On the first night being there, she summoned it. It came and took the lives of seven people before they found its weakness of bright lights, but it escaped through a small vent. She was kept in quarantine for quite a long time until they gained her trust of her not summoning it any longer, and she now does whatever she's told and has been moved to a normal cell.
Ilovedogs2
Top 25 Poster
#71009906Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:33 PM GMT

(And joining.)
Elizabeth90
#71010235Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:38 PM GMT

Pod - You can do that if you want, if that is what you are asking. I figure that the stronger the power is; the harder it is to control. Though (to everyone), it would be appriciated if you would take time in learning how to control your character's powers, as supposed to instantly making them able to control it. Evil - Darn you! I wanted the fourth post. :( *cries* JPFan - GASP. SMOKE-MONSTER. GTHO GTHO!! AHHHHHHHHH!! *camera shakes uncontrollable, then blacks out*. That's a very powerful power...one that would be really hard to defeat. But you gave it weaknesses. So, you are accepted.
metanate
#71010239Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:38 PM GMT

Sub-human Name:Jack Sager (Referred to as Him for being annoying....) A.ge:25 Gender:Male Personality:REALLY, REALLY, ANNOYING.....and crazy, but sometimes has a soft heart for a few things... Appearence:He wears a all black suit with a white circle where his face is, he is average human height, and hideously deformed from experiments. Powers:Teleportation (but knows not to escape) and regeneration. Rank:Inmate Bio:Jack was a average joe, hasn't been married, but been with a lot of women, he had no kids, his life consisted daily of waking up, getting a girl, and sleeping again. Until he woke up one day on top of the Statue of Liberty, he figured out after ten minutes later, that he had teleportation.....and figured out he had regeneration after fighting a group of bullies picking on a old lady.....it wasn't long until he was captured and tested.....multiple times....that was when Jack was 18. He is 25 now, hideously deformed from the amount of experiments that was used on him....it also made him crazy and unstable and highly annoying than he already was. The scientists are amazed at the amount that he can handle....and hate him because of his irratibility. He could teleport out of the place at anytime, but he knows they will find him. He also has a soft heart sometimes...
Foulfangs
#71010334Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:39 PM GMT

What if the power is sort of like a genre type of thing, like, say, vampire? Could you have just 2 vampiric powers, or could you hqave the genre of vampire and perhaps the genre of spirit?
JPFan01
#71010460Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:41 PM GMT

^~^ Thankee, also people could get rid of it if they shone a flashlight at it for long then, but it's resistant to sunlight.
Elizabeth90
#71010667Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:44 PM GMT

Matanate - I wasn't going to allow regeneration, because it practically makes the character invincible. Though, if you make it so he slowly regenerates over a period of time (which means, yes, he can die), then I will accept it. Foulfangs - I'm sorry, but I don't allow mythological creatures on this roleplay. Because if I did, then everyone would join as a vampire or werewolf or fairy or something. And this RP is like, American comic-book type stuff, not mythology. So, sorry, but the answer is no.
podraptor
#71010707Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:45 PM GMT

(Thanks for answering. Joining now.)
Elizabeth90
#71010754Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:46 PM GMT

(One or two more characters, and we can start roleplaying!)
metanate
#71010800Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:46 PM GMT

(what about, he can regenerate fast, but if you severe his head and keep it off of him for a long time, he can die?
Ilovedogs2
Top 25 Poster
#71010981Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:49 PM GMT

Name: Angelica Wren A.ge: 16 Gender: I iz female. Personality: she is known for her rebellious attitude, yet she has another kind side. She's loyal and dedicated to her friends. She is a little short tempered. Appearance: Angelica is usually seen in a navy blue tattered shirt with her long black hair loose. She has a set of dark brown eyes that reflect oddly on her pale skin. She is about 5'3 and weighs about 97 pounds. Her torn black shorts makes her seem a little shorter with an old and dried silver shoes. Power(s): shadows and a new owed she found out Which was life. (Creating life.) Rank: Inmate Bio:She was orphaned since she was 10 she has been out of foster homes a lot and so she grown quiet. She doesn't talk much of her deceased family or it will open up 6 years of sadness. However she will gradually talk about it after befriending her.
nexis409
#71011087Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:51 PM GMT

Sub-human CS Jack Rider 31 Male Has a deep hate towards the A.C,while he cares for other Sub-humans. Blondish brown hair,green eyes Has eminse strength and a suit of armor appears on him.(Just look at Wild Tiger,and replace the green parts with purple and remove the sponcers,add a mane as well.) Inmate Jack was on the run for at least 11 years.He even took out a few members of the A.C,and was finally caught at Alloa,Scotland.He watched many Sub-Humans disappear from their cells.
Ilovedogs2
Top 25 Poster
#71011101Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:51 PM GMT

(Anyways I might just stick with life...if it's too powerful :/ I can think up a weakness in a jiffy.)
Elizabeth90
#71011184Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:52 PM GMT

Pod - No prob! Madanate - Alright, you can have that power. Character accepted. Ilovedogs - Accepted. WE NEED A FEW HUMAN CHARACTERS. Yes, you can have more than one character.
Elizabeth90
#71011345Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:54 PM GMT

Nexus - Accepted. Ilovedogs - Yeah, sorry, but I thought it only said "creating life'. Silly me. Just stick with the creating life power and get rid of the shadows, please.
nexis409
#71011444Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:56 PM GMT

So wehn do we start? Also if you wanna know where to look for Wild Tiger type in Tiger&Bunny on google.
Ilovedogs2
Top 25 Poster
#71011561Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:57 PM GMT

(I'm fine without the shadows part. ^^ will we start soon?)
The1stAnonymous
#71011564Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:57 PM GMT

Human CS: Name: Jacob Red Ag.e:36 Gender:M Personality:He is outgoing, and cheerful, as well as loyal Appearance: Tan skin, electric blue eyes, black hair in a faux hawk, Army Uniform with black undershirt Rank: (Soldier/guard, agent, or scientist...ask nicely and I might let you join as a general or something) Soldier Weapons:How many can one have? Bio:He was handpicked by the A.C. himself to guard the Asylum. Not sure about where this was going, he accepted. Once he arrived, he didn't know of any of the operations going on. He was just a guard. A "pawn", and ever so loyal to the A.C. But after finding out what had been happening there, he felt bad for the "Sub-Humans", which in his eyes, were just unique humans.
Elizabeth90
#71011870Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:01 PM GMT

(Sorry, I was looking back a the CS's and trying to memorize who is who. And crap, there are two characters with the first name Jack. Oh well.) The1st - accepted. (Yes! We can start roleplaying now! Since most of us are Sub-humans, the whole will start in The Hole, so we can socialize and crap.) PS I'm currently in two roleplays, so I'm going to be a little slow.
The1stAnonymous
#71012054Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:04 PM GMT

ooc- How many weapons can I have?

of     85   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right