of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

TobiasGardiner
#193591173Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:19 AM GMT

A lot of websites are implementing two-step verification process where when you log in, you're required (as long as you enabled the two-step verification for your account) to enter not only your username and PW, but a code that is sent via text or call to your mobile number. This can help provide extra protection towards one's account. I myself would definitely use this.
PsychoPatriot
#193591957Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:31 AM GMT

maybe a mobile authenticator on the roblox app like steam has? god bless america
NicholasCWindsor
#193591962Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:31 AM GMT

Yes, ROBLOX needs to become more safer with higher security. AGREEE!!
AnimatedDannyo
#193591973Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:31 AM GMT

Support. This is a critical option. ᗩᘉᓰᗰᗩ☂ᕮↁᗪᗩᘉᘉϒ〇
Zactics
#193592708Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:43 AM GMT

weirdLAUGH
#193592787Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:44 AM GMT

There's no valid reason as to why this couldn't/shouldn't be added
PsychoPatriot
#193595913Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:31 AM GMT

bump god bless america
Horrification
#193599319Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:22 AM GMT

support. hurrah!
TobiasGardiner
#193614408Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:01 AM GMT

bump
Internecivus
#193614625Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:11 AM GMT

Except all those sites are meant for people who are a bit older. What are parents going to think when this site they never heard of is all of a sudden asking for their child's cell number? Also, I already explained multiple times this will do NOTHING to enhance account security against scams. If a kid is willing to give out their pass, they're going to give out their code if asked to. Yes, I know how 2-factor works. I know the code is generated on the spot. That being said, bots that log in on the spot and just save the cookie for the scammer's use are also a thing. The only thing this would help prevent against is PGing. Honestly though, if your PW is something stupidly guessable like "guns123", your name, or anything like that, you kind of had it coming. I have never been hacked, PG'd, scammed, or had anything else like that happen to me. ROBLOX's security measures are completely fine. Stolen accounts happen because of poor decisions, and you cannot fix that.
TobiasGardiner
#193614860Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:23 AM GMT

"Except all those sites are meant for people who are a bit older. What are parents going to think when this site they never heard of is all of a sudden asking for their child's cell number?" This isn't exactly something new. Secondly, most of these websites I'm talking about make 2-factor verification an >>OPTIONAL<< step to one's account's security. Meaning it does NOT have to be enabled, and you do not have to use it. Another reason why there should be no reason why ROBLOX shouldn't/couldn't add this. "Also, I already explained multiple times this will do NOTHING to enhance account security against scams. If a kid is willing to give out their pass, they're going to give out their code if asked to. Yes, I know how 2-factor works. I know the code is generated on the spot. That being said, bots that log in on the spot and just save the cookie for the scammer's use are also a thing." You are correct, it will not stop those who WILLINGLY give out this information. However, those who fall victims to keyloggers and other viruses, or even low end phishing websites (those that ask for your username and PW, but can't send the code to your phone(as long as they don't have a bot that attempts to log on the real website on the spot)) will all fail to serve their purpose. Most of these websites also make sure these codes will only work for a temporary amount of time (example: this code will expire in 60 seconds) "The only thing this would help prevent against is PGing. Honestly though, if your PW is something stupidly guessable like "guns123", your name, or anything like that, you kind of had it coming. I have never been hacked, PG'd, scammed, or had anything else like that happen to me. ROBLOX's security measures are completely fine. Stolen accounts happen because of poor decisions, and you cannot fix that." Another reason to have it added.
Mefus
#193616898Thursday, July 14, 2016 10:57 AM GMT

SUPPORTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
kiddycat4
#193618195Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:49 AM GMT

I think this is a good idea but sending it to your mobile number might not be the best option. Some adults might not like putting in their number. It would be better and easier if it was just sent to your mail as you verify your account. Sorry if I didn't understand correctly.
LilinkaTV
#193618228Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:50 AM GMT

Not support. My phone broke I don't have moeny for new one.
CatBoy1235
#193618491Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:59 AM GMT

not everyone has a phone no support
TobiasGardiner
#193618507Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:00 PM GMT

You obviously didn't read the thread It's optional.
kiddycat4
#193618659Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:06 PM GMT

Sorry I missed that part. If people are 'old' enough to have a mobile then they are probably smart enough not to out their PW unlike the younger players who don't have phones and are still at risk if they give out their PW to 'Friends'. As I said before, sending it to your mail is a much better idea.
Rewbleex
#193618685Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:07 PM GMT

@Internecivus "It never happened to me, therefore it never happens." What about the people who have hundreds if not thousands ROBUX/RAP worth of dollars on their account? They're going to get a LOT of Bruteforce attempts. After some time passes, they're almost guaranteed to get hacked. People won't try to bruteforce accounts that barely have anything on them. OP already said that it should be implemented as optional. https://www.roblox.com/---item?id=333875691
TobiasGardiner
#193618744Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:09 PM GMT

Read my reply to @Internecivus. It will not stop those who WILLINGLY give out this information. Also, I know plenty of 8-year-olds or younger who have their own phones nowadays. This is a new generation, and people are getting their own phones at younger ages. This is simply an extra precaution that's OPTIONAL for those who WANT to use it. Just because you can't use it doesn't mean you shouldn't support it. It's actually kind of selfish.
TobiasGardiner
#193618822Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:12 PM GMT

And no, using your mail is a terrible idea. Reason why? It can be bruteforced, keylogged, phised, or fall victim to some type of virus just like a ROBLOX account can. I feel much more safer with my mobile phone, knowing I'm the only one who can access it.
CatBoy1235
#193618861Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:13 PM GMT

"And no, using your mail is a terrible idea. Reason why? It can be bruteforced, keylogged, phised, or fall victim to some type of virus just like a ROBLOX account can. I feel much more safer with my mobile phone, knowing I'm the only one who can access it." but an email is a lot cheaper than phone
kiddycat4
#193618864Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:13 PM GMT

"Just because you can't use it doesn't mean you shouldn't support it. It's actually kind of selfish." What are you implying? All I'm saying is I'm not sure what's the point if it's for those who wouldn't give out their information. Why would they need an extra code if they're not going to give out their PW?
Rewbleex
#193618953Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:16 PM GMT

What about options for 2 step verification? Email or Phone for those that are extra paranoid. https://www.roblox.com/---item?id=333875691
TobiasGardiner
#193618975Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:17 PM GMT

"What are you implying?" I'm implying that there is people here that won't support it just because they don't have a cell phone. Some people do and some people would love to use this as an extra security measure for their accounts. "All I'm saying is I'm not sure what's the point if it's for those who wouldn't give out their information. Why would they need an extra code if they're not going to give out their PW?" Bruteforcing exists. Keyloggers exists. Viruses from a simple click of a link that can compromise your account exist. Phising sites exists. PW guessing( (PGing) exists. -- NO, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DUMB PW DOES NOT MEAN YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. People don't deserve to lose their accounts to these methods.
kiddycat4
#193619014Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:18 PM GMT

And many other people CAN access you're mail? People cannot see what mail you use when verifying your account so how would they know what was your mail UNLESS you told them?

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right